All members of Gracedale Park Tennis Club are bound by the code of conduct as a condition of membership. This code of conduct is to be read in conjunction with the rules and by laws of Tennis, policies from Eastern Region Tennis, Tennis Victoria and Tennis Australia. GPTC code of conduct applies to the following groups:
Players, Parents, Spectators, Officials, Media
Players Code of Conduct
* Play by the rules.
* Never argue with an official. If you disagree, have your team captain approach the official during a break or after the competition.
* Control your temper.
* Verbal abuse of officials and sledging other players, deliberately distracting or provoking an opponent are not acceptable or permitted behaviours in any sport.
* Work equally hard for yourself and/or your team. Your team’s performance will benefit so will you.
* Be a good sport. Applaud all good plays whether they are made by your team or the opposition.
* Treat all participants in your sport as you like to be treated. Do not bully or take unfair advantage of another competitor.
* Cooperate with your team mates and opponents. Without them there would be no competition.
* Participate for your own enjoyment and benefit.
* Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
Parents Code of Conduct
* Remember that children participate in sport for their enjoyment, not yours.
* Encourage children to participate, do not force them.
* Focus on the child’s efforts and performance rather than winning or losing.
* Encourage children always to play according to the rules and to settle disagreements without resorting to hostility or violence.
* Never ridicule or yell at a child for making a mistake or losing a competition.
* Remember that children learn best by example. Appreciate good performances and skilful plays by all participants.
* Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities.
* Respect officials’ decisions and teach children to do likewise.
* Show appreciation for volunteer coaches, officials and administrators. Without them, your child could not participate.
* Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every young person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.